Thursday, August 6, 2009

Boise

My best friend Katie and her daughter Kylie live in Boise so when Tracy went to Youth Conference, we decided to pay them a visit! It was so much fun! I drove up the day after going to Harry Potter so by the time we got there I was exhausted! We took the kids to a park that night so they could get some of their energy out, and I walked around like a zombie! It was very hot up there, hotter than usual. On Thursday we had a picnic lunch, did some shopping and played at a splash pad. Katie and I even got wet, it felt wonderful! Friday we hung out and didn't do a whole lot, just visited and helped Katie get ready for Kylie's birthday party. Saturday was Kylie's birthday party and it was so fun! Katie put on a tea party and had a special lunch. Then the girls made paper purses while Jarik and another little boy watched Transformers. Then we had cake and ice cream and presents. Katie also had a bounce house that the kids loved! They all had so much fun and I was very impressed with Katie. She was planning on doing a 4 hour party with 8 kids alone. Crazy lady. But she could have. I couldn't have though! Sunday we went to church and then headed home. It was a really fun week! I so loved spending time with Katie and Kylie! I miss them and wish we lived closer. But it is fun to have an excuse to get away! Here's a slide show of the fun:

No comments: