Sunday, March 1, 2009

Crazy Month!

This is going to be really long so I don't blame anyone for not reading! This is the only journal I do now though so I need to write it down!! :) So February turned out to be a very crazy month!! We had thing after thing happen and I feel like today I can finally start to breathe again and get back to normal again. The month started out with some fun stuff. For Valentines we got to go have dinner at the Maddox in Brigham City with a bunch of my good TwilightMom friends. It was such a fun time! The food was so good and then we got to stay the night at the Crystal Inn. It was a great get away.

Tracy and I on our way to Brigham

This is me, Amy, Heidi and Laura. Laura and I helped Amy and Heidi plan.

The next day I went to the funeral of my good childhood friend Laura Noall Steele. We grew up together, went to elementary, junior high and high school together. I hadn't seen her since 1999, before she went on her mission. We just found eachother on facebook and were going to get together soon and then she got sick and died. It's so sad. She left 2 little boys who are like 3 and1 or something like that. It was such a great funeral though. I was amazed at how full her 30 years had been. Her and her husband had lived life to the fullest, taking nothing for granted and it was great to see that. It was one of the most spiritual services I've ever been to and really re-affirmed my belief in God's plan for us. I know that families are eternal and I know that Laura will be with her husband and boys again.

For the long Valentines/President's Day weekend we decided to go to St. George and visit Tracy's mom and hike and play. I got to help in both Tiaree's and Jarik's classes on Friday for Valentines. It was so much fun to see them and be able to help. We were right ready to go when school got out. Tracy had been complaining about a belly ache since Thursday night but he just thought it was gas or something so we went. The further we got on the road, the worse he hurt. By the time we got there, he was in a lot of pain. We got the kids ready for bed and he finally decided he needed to go to the doctors. We set off for instacare, but it closed at like 9. We were just going to head back to my MIL's but at the last minute Tracy decided that he should go to the ER. They got him back in not too long and started him on some contrast stuff he had to swallow so they could to a CT scan. They took blood and his blood work came back fine, but he was still ina ton of pain so they went ahead with the scan. The technician saw it clearly. My hubby had appendicitis. Crap. I was very frustrated and worried and upset and exhausted by this point. He made me go back to his mom's to get some sleep. They told me they'd be going into surgery at about 6. So I get to the hospital about 6:45 and start waiting. I took for granted that they'd do the surgery on time. About 7:15 I started looking for him. I was worried because I hadn't heard anything. I went down to his room, I'd been waiting in the surgery area, and I found him there. They hadn't even taken him to surgery yet. He went into surgery right around 8. The doctor came out about 8:40 and said everything was fine. I went back to his room and waited for him to get out of post-op. He came in groggy and didn't even know I was there. I left after I knew he was out and was ok.

The kids and I and Diane decided to make the best of our vacation and had a fun Saturday. We went to McDonalds for lunch and played on the play place. Then we went and saw Tracy for a few minutes. He was more awake by this time! We then went and saw Hotel for Dogs. It was very cute. We went to Denny's for dinner and went and saw Tracy again and then went home and to bed. I was so tired!! I'd only had about 3 hours of sleep and I was stressed and emotional and not the happiest camper!!

This is us on our way to see the movie. I don't know why Bree looks so sad!

Tracy got out of the hospital on Sunday morning and we spent the day walking around. He had to walk to relieve the pressure of all the air they filled him with. We also played the wii and just relaxed. Sunday was an ok day. We headed home Monday and Tracy was actually able to drive halfway. He was never given any pain meds and he didn't really need any. He took advil and that's all he needed. We were very lucky that he healed so well and so quickly. He stayed home from work on Tuesday and Wednesday though. That was kind of nice and relaxing for me. We just watched movies and vegged.

Monday after we got home we got to have dinner with a good friend from college. Him and his family live in Belgium right now where he is working but they are getting ready to head back home and he had a day of interviews here. It was so much fun to talk to him and catch up. I can't wait to see their whole family and to catch up with his wife too!! Becky and Justin, we need to have a day long get together when you come back!! One night won't be long enough!! :)

On Friday Tracy found out he was going out of town on Tuesday for 5 days. Totally last minute! It was really kind of frustrating. I just felt that I was getting back in control after the whole "vacation" fiasco, and then I got thrown this wrench. I usually have a couple of months to build myslef up to being alone but I had 3 days to do it this time. Kind of frustrating. So we went out to dinner and a movie Friday night. MaCools and "Taken". Awesome movie, great food! It was nice to get away for a few hours. Then on Sunday I got a last minute chance to go see Celine Dion. I'm not like a huge fan but I do like her. I like her more after the concert. It was amazing!! She is awesome. Being the daughter of 2 singers I watched her in awe. Her diaphram control was so sweet!! She was just so much fun to watch and it really seemed like she loved performing for us. I had issues about going seeing as how it was on Sunday, but my hubby convinced my that I needed the time away and my friend helped me make up my mind by pointing out that she'd listen to Celine on a Sunday!! :) It was great.

Tracy left Tuesday morning and got home last night. I survived! We had a fun time while he was gone. It was nice weather for the most part and we got to play at the park. We also went to see the "Saturn" show at the Clark Planetarium. That was pretty cool. It was on the dome ceiling and at one part they were talking about how they think the rings were formed by two moons crashing into eachother. It showed the crash and was really loud and then it looked like bits were falling toward us. Keighlee was on my lap and one big piece looked like it was going to fall right on us and she let out this huge scream! It was hilarious!! Then after the scream she goes "holy cwap"!! Too cute!! I was really exhausted when he got home and actually went to bed at like 7:30!! I slept all night and today I feel great! I'm hoping that things can get back to normal and that I can get a handle on my life after the craziness that was February!!


Aden said...

I love your craziness. And glad that tracy is okay. You look awesome by the way your hair is soooo long.

Adam and Kollen Marchant Family said...

So that comment from aden is not from him it's from me kollen

kandi said...

Crazy month is about right! Geez! I would've died! Good thing you're such a good, strong wife and mom! Love you and I'm glad Tracy is okay and that you all came out of the month alive and kickin'. Here's to hoping March runs a little bit smoother! ;)

dlkenney said...

I am glad to hear that Tracy is feeling a lot better.
Wow I didn't know Laura died. I grew up with her sister Libbie and use to spend time at their home often. I will have to call he mom and sister later.
I hope next month will be better for you guys.

Jaimie said...

I'm so sorry you had such a rough month! February wasn't great for us either, we were all sick almost the whole month! I'm glad that Tracy got the medical attention he needed, that is scary! Good luck with March! I hope the kids will be angels for you :)

heather said...

WOW! Lots to tell. Go Twilight you gals!

Meg said...

I'm glad Tracy is okay. What a crazy month. I feel the same way about Laura's funeral