Thursday, July 17, 2008

Busy Month

It's been a very busy month for us. The kids finally got out of school and we have just been relaxing. Tracy has been gone a lot with Young Men stuff so we've just been doing our thing. He left this morning for Youth Conference and he'll be gone until Saturday. Then we leave next week for our only vacation this summer. We are going to East Canyon for our fun little reunion with Tracy's family up there. This year for most of the time it's just going to be our family. By our family I mean Tracy's siblings and us and his mom and dad. I think it'll actually be fun with just us. We all get along so well, we'll make it fun! I'm in the process of downloading all the pictures off of my camera. I have some I'll post later from the 4th of July and fun summer stuff. Tracy's camera has more pictures on it but it's with him in Logan. Hopefully I can get some off of it and post them on here when he gets back. Wow, it's copying 510 pictures. I know a lot of them are going to be doubled cause Tracy has done this before, but he hasn't deleted them off the camera. He can go through and delete the ones that are doubled!

At the end of June we went to the Taylorsville Dayz fireworks. It's become a tradition in Tracy's family. Tracy's cousin's son's birthday is at the end of June and has coincided with the fireworks now for a couple years. They live right by the park where the fireworks are so we have cake and ice cream and then walk over to watch. Tracy got some cool pics of the fireworks and posted them on his picture blog. Go check them out! I absolutely love fireworks. They are so cool and it just truly makes it summer when I can watch them!

For the 4th, we went into the canyon for an early morning breakfast. We found a beautiful spot and we just relaxed and had yummy food! We left about noon and went to drive around the top of the canyon. We forgot that they have a parade and stuff up there so we got caught in traffic, but it was still fun because everyone was happy and I think it's alway fun to people watch. That afternoon we had my family come to our house and we had dutch oven for dinner. We also had an impromptu water fight. It was so much fun. We went to my brothers that night to watch fireworks from his front yard. He lives in Magna and faces a field and across the field pretty much is where they do the fireworks out there. They were beautful! Well it was really windy that night and some of the fireworks caught a field on fire. It was crazy. My brother lives close to the 201 highway, for those of you who know where that is, and about 8000 west. Well the fire stared at about 8600 west, just on the opposite side of 201. It moved almost even with his house by the end of the night. They were so lucky it stayed on the North side of 201 because if it had jumped it would have caught the field right across the street from my brothers house and they wouldn't have had a chance. As is was, they were packed and ready to go at a moments notice. It was a scary, tense night for them!

Since the 4th we haven't really done anything, just relax and watch movies and run through sprinklers. My cousin got married today and I couldn't go because I couldn't find anyone to watch the munchkins for 5 hours so I could go to the ceremony and the breakfast. I'm bummed. But I'm going to drag them all with me tonight to the reception. I hope they decide to be on their best behavior!

1 comment:

Tori said...

I would have watched your kids. They probably would have gone quite stir crazy, but I still would have watched them.

It sounds like you are having a busy summer. That's nuts about the fire by your brother.